On November 15, 2021, the quarantine was finally lifted! The only point is that you must have been vaccinated.
The day before, on November 14, a new entry condition for Cambodia was suddenly announced, which states that foreign travelers who have been vaccinated against the new coronavirus will not be required to undergo quarantine upon entering Cambodia. They will be able to enter Cambodia without quarantine.
In addition to the above, please make sure that you have all the necessary documents to enter Cambodia before you travel. We also offer airport transfers and sightseeing or inspection tours, so please contact us for more information.
Now let’s go over the new entry requirements!
All Khmer and foreign nationals entering Cambodia.
・Vaccination certificate or card
・Negative Covid-19 certificate 72 hours prior to arrival
■After entering Cambodia
Upon arrival at the airport, you will be given a Rapid Test, the results of which will be available in about 15 minutes. If the test is positive, you will have to be treated in an isolation treatment facility as instructed by the Ministry of Health. If the result is negative, you are free to go.
- Entry visas must be issued by the same Cambodian Embassy or Consulate as the old conditions. Arrival visas continue to be suspended.
- Tourist visas have been reopened.
- As of November 16, Forte Insurance is no longer a requirement for entry into Cambodia, but it is recommended. For more information, please click here.
- If proof of vaccination cannot be provided, a 14-day quarantine will be required under the same conditions as before. A deposit must also be provided.
What is a Vaccination Certificate?
The Certificate of Vaccination required for entry into Cambodia must be issued by a Cambodian or foreign government agency and must be written in English or Khmer. The certificate must include the name of the vaccine (type), the date of vaccination, and proof that the required number of vaccinations have been administered.
What is a negative certificate 72 hours prior to arrival?
The test must be conducted within 72 hours prior to arrival in Cambodia and a test certificate proving a negative result is required. This is not 72 hours before departure, but 72 hours before arrival at the airport in Cambodia. If you have to change planes in a third country, please check the requirements for that country as well. Please refer to the following for the format of the certificate.
- The test type must be PCR and Nasopharyngeal Swab.
- The test certificate must be in English or French.
- In addition to the seal of the laboratory, the signature of the physician or person in charge is required.
- There must be no handwriting on any part of the document other than the signature.
- The original paper copy must be provided.
Since this announcement was made suddenly the day before the start of the new conditions, we are updating this page with additional information as it is released. We will continue to provide the latest information as it becomes available, although there is a possibility that it has not been thoroughly communicated to the field.